Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tantrums

John used to cry for long periods of time for no reason. I remember days where I would call my mom everyday at 4:00 in tears because John had been crying for so long. I remember days when we lived at my parents house and we would put John down for a nap and he'd cry for 45 minutes before he'd finally settle down. Since beginning early intervention, those episodes rarely happen.

But, over the last 2 weeks and specifically, the last 3 days, tantrums have taken over. These tantrums are different from those days I described above. These have been the kind of tantrums that have a known cause ---- he doesn't want to get out of the spa, he doesn't want to get out of the car, he doesn't want to get in the car, etc. He screams, cries, kicks, throws himself on the ground, bangs his hands on the door, etc. It's a fit of rage. We've had about 4 of them since yesterday afternoon and quite frankly, I am tired of it! It makes me realize that we haven't had days like this in a long time. It reminds me of what we started at.

It makes me question: are these 2-year old boy tantrums (hence the name "terrible twos"), is this a sign that the neurofeedback is not working, is this the 'autistic behavior, etc.

Whatever it is makes for a tired and worn out mommy!

No comments: